Appen Independent Agents (Work From Home)
Work From Home – Flexible Hours
As an Appen independent agent you will have the flexibility to schedule your own hours to fit your lifestyle and to work around your career and family demands. You are given complete freedom to choose when and how much you would like to work.
Never again will you have to rearrange your personal activities to fit a rigid work schedule. For any given day, you are free to work more or less time. You are in control.
All Appen independent agents enjoy competitive pay as independent contractors. And there are never any complicated payment schemes or calculations to deal with.
About the role
Appen independent agents conduct in depth internet-based research and provide information evaluation for leading companies from around the globe.
Ideal candidates are self-reliant, self-motivated, are very internet savvy, have a broad range of interests and enjoy online research and evaluation.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to become an Appen agent.
- High speed internet access (Cable Modem, DSL, etc.)
- A personal computer running Google’s free Chrome web browser
- Up to date anti-virus and anti-spyware software
- Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent comprehension and written communication skills
- Some Appen independent agent assignments require fluency in a language other than English. For these assignments, independent agents will be required to pass a language assessment exam.
Here examples of some of the opportunities that may be available:
- Search Media Evaluation (Work with the world’s top search engine companies)
- Social Media Evaluation (Help improve social media around the globe)
- Survey and Data Collection (Short projects that last from 15 minutes to three hours)
- Linguistic Specialties (Text to Speech, Computational, Phonetics, Pronunciation, Annotation, etc.)
- Lexicon Annotation
- Speech Evaluation
Applicants must be self-motivated and internet savvy.
Other worldwide jobs
Developers for X-Team