Temporary Job – Part-Time
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core application, recently launched at v1 on Mobile and in beta on Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.
Who are we?
We’re a remote team made up of ~60 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
About the role
We’re a small People Ops team, and one of our team is going on parental leave starting in mid-August. As such, we’re looking for a contract recruiter in the interim to help us continue to source exciting candidates in the web3 space.
We’re ideally looking for someone who can commit to a 6 month contract, at up to 20 hours per week, however we have some flexibility to accommodate availability for the right candidate.
As we work asynchronously, and our hiring volumes will fluctuate over the contract period, we’re thinking this could work well as an hourly rate contract, and you’d be free to fit this work in your spare time around your existing commitments (we don’t have a preference on where/when you work).
Working closely with hiring teams, our Co-Founders and your People Operations colleagues, you’ll need to find top quality candidates that align with our values and are passionate about blockchain, cryptocurrency and open source software.
This isn’t about hiring as many people as possible – we tend to hire in very low volume – we’re looking for a true partner that can understand the importance of saying no to a hire when it may not be the right fit.
The majority of hiring is expected to be for technical roles, but you will also be asked to support some non-technical hiring.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process, from a detailed job briefing to contract signature.
- Build up steady pipeline of suitable candidates using all possible channels (including direct search).
- Support employer branding concepts and projects.
- Manage hiring team expectations and advise on future needs and team culture.
- Provide exceptional candidate experience.
You must have:
- Strong skills in sourcing & headhunting.
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience of recruiting in-house, preferably in tech startups.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in English.
- Passion for our principles & aims.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in open software projects.
- Experience working remotely.
- Passion for crypto and blockchain technology.
Other worldwide jobs
Developers for X-Team